Friday, September 13, 2013

How to Make the Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg

Yum
You'd think that something so basic as a hard-boiled egg needs no instructions, right?  WRONG! Sometimes the most basic of things, are the ones we can't seem to remember or get right.


Every so often, my daughter, Eryka, will call or text me asking me the same old question. "Mom, how do you make hard-boiled eggs again?" And "patiently", I give her the instructions ... again. So, I decided I would post it on the blog for her and anyone else,who is never quite sure how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs. With this simple method, I promise, no funky green ring around the yolk, no chalky yolk - only a soft creamy yolk - and no uber-rubbery white. +Eryka Larena, my sugarplum, this blog post is dedicated to you! Scroll down to the end of this post to see a graphic step-by-step depiction of How to Make the Perfect Hard-boiled Egg in 5 steps.

12 grade "A" eggs, free-range preferably
1 Tablepoon Vinegar
Water
1 deep pan
Deep bowl with iced water
Place all your eggs in the pan.
Add cold water.
Bring the water to a boil.
Boil for 1 minute.
Turn off the heat.
Cover.
Let eggs stand in water for 10 minutes.
Remove eggs and place in iced water.
Once all the ice had melted, transfer to a lidded container.
Refrigerate.

How to use up those eggs:
Peel & Eat.
OR see my post for Lemony Tuna Egg Salad. ENJOY!


2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love this and thank you mom! I finally wrote it down the last time I asked. These eggs come out delicious, never green and the BF LOVES them too!
    Thanks mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am glad you finally wrote it down :-). But now you have another place to check in case you cant find your notes!

      Delete