Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 7 Most Viewed, Liked and Shared Recipes of 2013 at The Fork Ran Away with the Spoon

Yum
I thought it would be fun to share The Fork Ran Away with the Spoon's "Top 7 Most Viewed, Liked and Shared Recipes of 2013". Why seven? Simple it's my favorite number  so why not. I'm still surprised at what made the top 7, especially number three "Baking Soda  as a Tenderizer".  It's funny how some of the recipes I think will gander lots of views, likes and shares, don't and those that I think won't, do.  You just never know. It's been a heck of ride creating this blog, some days it was such a drag, other days so frustrating but most days it's been fun, exciting and yes even thrilling. I learn something new everyday and I still get over-joyed when I see a "like", a "Plus", a comment and especially a "share". That never grows old. I've made a lot great friends along the way too, many other food bloggers who have supported and helped me along the way. That is priceless.

 And without further ado (drum roll please)... let's get started!




Number 1 Most Viewed Recipe:
5,326 Pageviews

Stuffed French Bread with Chicken, Bacon, Cheddar and Caramelized Onions

My Stuffed French Bread hits the flavor jackpot. The caramelized onions added the sweetness, the bacon the smokiness, the creamy ranch chicken was just that ... creamy and the cheese? Well it's cheese, does it really need any explanation or justification? I didn't think so!



Number 2 Most Viewed Recipe:
 3,035 Pageviews

Garlicky Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp-Kebabs with Cilantro-Garlic Aioli Sauce
My Garlicky Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp-Kebabs with Cilantro-Garlic Aioli Sauce is great for when you want to serve up something a little more special than just burger at your next BBQ. The shrimp in this recipe is marinaded in tequila, lots of garlic, cumin and of course lime. Kick up the spice level and add a one or more minced Thai chilies to set the stage for one sizzling hot shrimp! Served alongside my cilantro-garlic aioli sauce, it's a home run.




Number 3 Most Viewed Recipe:
2,836 Pageviews

Baking Soda  as a Tenderizer
Ever notice how Chinese restaurants get even the toughest cuts of meat to a level of tenderness no amount of mallet pounding could ever achieve at home? Or how the shrimp has an almost "velvety" texture to it? You can get the same results at home using their secret ... baking soda.






Number 4 Most Viewed Recipe:
2,185 Pageviews

Drunken Tres Leche Cupcakes
My *Drunken Tres Leche Cupcakes* are filled with delicious 3 milks; cream, evaporated and condensed then topped with a swirl of creamy meringue. I also wanted it to have a bit of a "kick" in the form of a little rum (okay, a lot of rum). My recipe makes the traditional cake totally portable in the form of a creamy cupcake.








Number 5 Most Viewed Recipe:
2,083 Pageviews

Mini Sweet Peppers Stuffed with Chicken, Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes
My Mini Sweet Peppesr Stuffed with Chicken, Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes tackles that pasta craving head-on without weighing you down with carbs. The mini peppers are sweet, the chicken filling is creamy and gets a nice zip from the green onions and a tang from the goat cheese. They are baked in a cheese sauce that incorporates just a bit of the filling and then sprinkled with gruyere cheese. Its satisfying that craving and doesn't leave you feeling stuffed.




Number 6 Most Viewed Recipe:

2,012 Pageviews

Simple Creamy Leek Soup
One of my favorite soups is my Simple Creamy Leek Soup. What I like about this soup is how simple it is to make, and how beautifully the flavors of the leeks shine through. It is hearty, rich and truly satisfying. Aside from the leeks, you probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry - it's that simple to make!




Number 7 Most Viewed Recipe:

1,967 Pageviews

Pollo al Ajillo EspaƱol / Spanish Chicken and Garlic
My recipe for the classic Spanish dish Pollo al Ajillo / Spanish Chicken and Garlic is an adaptation of the dish I remember eating on several of my visits to Spain. The chicken is nestled in the pungent, yet sweet flavor of the garlic and olive oil, bathed in the luscious zest and juice of the lemon and tartness of the extra dry sherry. Delicious served with potatoes and a light salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment