Sunday, March 24, 2013

Don't Have Sour Oranges? Make Your Own!

Yum

Did you know you can make your own sour orange juice? We are lucky in South Florida that we have an abundance of places to buy sour oranges and as well as the bottled kind. Yet, I realize that not everyone has access to sour oranges, so I thought why not provide a substitute that will work almost or just as well.  After a few tests, this was the closest mix to sour oranges:

2 parts orange juice
1 part lemon juice
1 part lime juice

Mix together and you've got sour orange juice. Freeze in ice cube trays and transfer to a zip bag. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hey this is good to know!
    I will keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you get around to using it and what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! I do miss my sour orange tree! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete