Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Individual Apple Pie Stuffed Pastry Shells
1 box puff pastry shells (6 count), thawed
1 3/4 cups peeled, chopped apples (or canned)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1. Prepare the puff pastry shells as indicated on package.
2. Cook the apples and water in a small sauce pan on high heat until it comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
4. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Stir into apple mixture. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute. Stir in the butter.
5. After the puff pastries have cooled to touch, fill the shells with the cooked apple filling. Serve warm as is or at room temperature. The glaze is optional; recipe as follows.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 vanilla extract
1. Combine all three ingredients in a small bowl and stir until combined.
2. Take a spoon a drizzle over the pastries. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!