|A Wednesdays with Eryka|
- 1lb turkey kielbasa, sliced into coins
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 packet Goya Azafran seasoning
- 1-16 ounce bag lentils
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sweet potato, chopped in chunks
- 3 russet potato, chopped in chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large stock pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add the turkey kielbasa. Cook until slightly browned on both sides. Remove from pot.
2. In the same pot, add a little bit more olive oil plus the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook for about 4 minutes until fragrant and slightly soft. Add the kielbasa back into the pot with the vegetable mix. Stir together and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add in the cumin, lentils and Azafran seasoning packet. Stir to combine all the ingredients for about 1 minute. Add in the liquids (the amount varies, just make sure it is about 2 inches above the lentils) and bay leaf. Stir it all together then bring to a boil. Simmer on low-medium heat for about 45 minutes.
4. In the last 15 minutes of cooking, bring soup back up to a boil and add the potatoes. Lower to simmer over low heat and in the mean time, if you are accompanying with rice, make it at this time.
5. Once 15 minutes have passed check to see if the potatoes are soft with a knife or fork. If it is then it is ready to eat. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed. Serve and enjoy!