Friday, November 29, 2013

Weekly Recipe Round-Up November 25th - 29th

Yum
I don't know about you but this week has just flown by for me.  And I was really not quite ready for Thanksgiving, I didn't even get the disposable bakeware that I usually use to take the side dishes to my brother's, (fondly named Mr. Ed) house. Thanksgiving is always at Mr. Ed's house and Christmas Eve dinner is always at my house.  It's what we have been doing since the passing of our parents. This holiday always reminds me of my father in particular, he loved having the family all around the dinner table, everyone talking over each other, the noise level getting almost unbearable (it's a Cuban family after all). It made him very happy, and I miss seeing him, his face glowing with happiness, because his family was there with him, and that meant everything to him.
I do hope you have fond memories as I do and that you had a beautiful Thanksgiving!

This week's Recipe of the Week was featured on Wednesdays with Eryka,
Banana Nutella Pastry Bundles.  It had the most shares and likes by our awesome followers and for that we Thank You!  Here's what was cooking in the kitchens of The Fork Ran Away with the Spoon this past week.




Featured on Monday:

Easy Yummy Roasted Carrots

Ridiculously easy to make and delightfully delicious is what describes my Easy, Yummy Roasted Carrots! Uses 5 everyday pantry staples, easy on the budget and about 2 minutes in prep time. Nothing could be easier! Great Thanksgiving side dish too!







Featured on Wednesdays with Eryka:


Take a sheet of puff pastry, bananas and nutella and you have perfect little bundles of deliciousness Don't be surprised at how quickly these Banana Nutella Pastry Bundles disappear!










Featured on Friday: 


Truffle-Garlic Roasted Asparagus is a nice bistro style treat to serve alongside your favor chicken or fish dish or in a salad. Infused with garlic, truffles and truffle oil that compliment the flavor of the delicate asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment