Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Juicy Soy Sauce Dinner Burger Patties

Yum
I have made this recipe for years. I made this for the first time for my parents when I was in high school experimenting with cooking. It was a hit that night and has been since even with my boyfriend. As usual, in keeping with the theme of easy meals, it is exactly that, a simple, fast, delicious meal! It will cook up rather quickly so make sure you do not walk away from the pan. The patties come out very juicy and one thing that is very important to me is that it does not dry out. A secret I have is that I do not physically minced the onion myself rather I run it through a my small food processor because it releases the onion juices that add a lot more moisture to the meat thus less likely for it to dry out. For the cheese you can use whatever cheese makes your day. I personally like swiss but my boyfriend likes American so I used both. This meal can be made into a burger or you can do what I did and pair it with vegetables; other options are orzo, rice pilaf, brown rice or even white rice. It will please your taste buds and your family how delicious these burgers are. Enjoy!


Recipe:
1lb ground beef
1 small onion, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 dashes Worschteshire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 slices cheese of your choice
1 tablespoon red wine (optional)

1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and leave it marinating in the refrigerator for about an hour.

2. Remove from refrigerator and form the ground beef mixture into four round patties. On one side of the patty, use your thumb to make an indentation, this will keep the patty in it's perfect round shape.

3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, spray some non-stick spray and place patties in the pan. Cook for about 6-7 minutes per side (times vary depending on how your stove top).

4. Splash in the red wine, if you'd like, to deglaze the pan and add extra flavor to the patty. Once the patties are done place the cheese on top of each patty and turn off the heat. The cheese will melt with the heat from the meat. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment