Friday, June 7, 2013

Easy, Yummy Roasted Carrots

Yum
Yesterday was errand day for me. I had so much to do, had not planned dinner, and then 4 o'clock rolled around and I was still on the road. I had no desire and certainly no energy to put together an elaborate dinner, it just wasn't happening. I drove to my local supermarket, headed straight to the deli and picked up a rotisserie chicken. My eternal life saver, well maybe not my life, but my sanity for sure.  As soon as I got the chicken, I started thinking sides and went straight to the produce section. I am one of those people who really likes going to the grocery store (except on the weekends). I LOVE to look around, see what's new and on sale and most of all for inspiration! The baby cut carrots were on sale and then bingo! I knew what I was going to do with those orange little nubs. This recipe makes the carrots addictingly good, they are divinely sweet, tangy, tender and the more you eat the more you want. They are so easy to make and best of all prep time is about 2 minutes!

Serves 2-4

16 oz of baby cut carrots
2 - 3 tablespoons Olive oil
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Honey
Kosher salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Place carrots in an 8x8 baking dish. Drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and sprinkle salt and pepper over carrots, making sure that all carrots are covered by shaking the dish around to distribute seasoning evenly or use your hands (that's what I do). Salt and pepper to taste. Place in preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until fork tender but not soggy. As the carrots roast, check on them every 15 minutes and stir around, so that all sides get that gorgeous caramelized color.

Serve with anything you like, these carrots are ridiculously delicious! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment